Helping Hands has assembled a team of dedicated staff who believe in the mission of preventing economic euthanasia and improving the quality of life for their patients. We are driven by our mission to help families obtain affordable surgical and dental care for their pets.
We are seeking a full or part time doctor with a strong interest in either dentistry and/or surgery. Advanced experience in either dentistry or surgery is a plus, but mentorship is available for a person with the right attitude and basic skill set. Our office hours are Monday-Friday with NO REQUIRED nights or weekend shifts. A 4 day full time work week is possible. Emergency shifts are available and compensated, but are not expected.
Client interaction is minimal to allow the doctors time and skill to be spent on procedures. Fixed pricing also allows the DVM freedom to tailor quality medicine to each pet without the concern for cost/estimates. Helping Hands has a diverse caseload and will allow the doctor an opportunity to refine surgical skills and learn new techniques.
Essential Responsibilities & Functions
- Ability to interpret dental radiographs and extract multi-rooted teeth.
- Ability to tackle a variety of soft tissue surgeries with confidence and skill.
- Dedication to provide patients with a high level of veterinary care.
- Enthusiasm about giving back to and building relationships with referring veterinarians within the local community.
- The ability to champion the practice’s objectives and values and inspire others.
- Follow the established policies and procedures that govern the normal operation of the hospital.
- Dedication efficiently handling caseloads and maintaining accurate records.
- Promote a collaborative working environment and encourage the value of teamwork.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree.
- Minimum of 2 years experience post graduation.
- State Veterinary Board License in good standing.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance options
- 401K with company match
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account options included
- Long Term Disability options
- Short Term Disability, paid for by employer
- Complimentary Life Insurance $15,000; with options to purchase additional
- Generous Continuing Education allowance
- Personal Pet Discounts
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Company Sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
We are a proud United Veterinary Care Partner hospital. United Veterinary Care supports the unique culture and individuality of each partner hospital while empowering the hospital teams in their care for patients. One of our goals is to support our community of hospitals in creating sustainable, fulfilling careers in a profession we love.
Veterinarian (Gen Practice)