20 THINGS TO DO IN RICHMOND WHEN YOU VISIT HELPING HANDS FOR PET SURGERY OR PET DENTAL CARE
1. Visit our neighbor, James River Distillery, to take a tour and taste their gins, rum and vodka.
2. The Virginia Museum of Fine Art (VMFA) has the largest collection of Faberge Eggs outside of Russia. (opening October 22nd)
3. Take a bike tour with Richmond Rides, touring Richmond’s culinary hotspot – Church Hill.
4. Hike the downtown 1.8 mile Belle Isle loop to enjoy the Falls of the James River.
5. The best shopping experience in Richmond is at Carytown, including spice, cupcake, chocolate & toy shops as well as many restaurants.
6. Hollywood Cemetery is the final resting place for two U.S. Presidents (Monroe & Tyler) and for the former President of the Confederacy – Jefferson Davis.
8. Tour the Virginia State Capitol – completed in 1788 and is the oldest legislative body in the Western Hemisphere.
9. Take in a matinee ($7.50) at the nearby (about 1 mile) Bow Tie Cinemas.
11. To learn more about the Holocaust, visit the Virginia Holocaust Museum.
13. For beer fans, Stone Brewing just opened their East Coast operation and tasting room just past Shockoe Bottom and Church Hill.
14. Visit the Poe Museum to learn more about Edgar Allen Poe’s time in Richmond in the early 19th century.
15. Patrick Henry gave his famous “Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death” speech at the nearby St. John’s Church.
16. Take a Treetop Zoofari at the Richmond Metro Zoo and see Richmond’s own snow leopard cubs.
17. The American Civil War Center at Tredegar interprets the war from the Union, Confederate and African American Perspectives.
18. Up for a long walk? Take the Richmond Liberty Trail, a 6.2 mile self-guided loop through downtown Richmond & 15 historic landmarks.
19. Consider adopting a pet from our neighbor, the Richmond SPCA. (opens at noon)
All of the above recommendations are covered in the Visitors Guide to Richmond. Please Google the items in bold for more information.